homestead - Re: [Homestead] Re: The Choice

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Re: The Choice
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 06:36:27 -0700

As far as partisans go, I haven't yet decided whom to vote for. I'm just wondering out loud why we ended up with a nominee with so much baggage. Is it just that, without much hindsight, liberals knee-jerked for the candidate who would cut them the fattest checks?

My views on the DC Whorehouse are well known. No politician makes it to the top tier without playing the game. Big money does not invest on whimsy. I know of no way to fix the system so it becomes honorable. We humans are selfish animals. So be selfish and vote for the guy you feel will create the conditions you want for you and your loved ones.

And when in doubt, always vote against the incumbent. Power corrupts, and the longer they have it, the more corrupted they become.