homestead - [Homestead] Re: The Choice

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: Homestead mailing list digest <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Re: The Choice
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 20:54:56 -0700

Unproven allegations are one thing, but Kerry actually admits to participating in the free-fire zones, which are against the Geneva Convention.
It's doesn't matter a whole lot to me, but I'm beginning to understand why many veterans hate him so much, when I saw him at the rallies with Hanoi Jane.

I've gone through the testimony and although Kerry does say that he was there as part of a larger group, it is in no way clear that this was not a confession
on his part to war crimes. I've never heard of any supposed war crimes committed by Bob Kerrey; I started wondering about these things as a result of hearing John Kerry's own words.

Bill

Lynda wrote:

O.K., I'm confused. How does waking up and questioning the government become baggage and being AWOL, Funeralgate, insider trading, s & l scandals, drunk driving, drug use, and so forth and so on not come under that heading?

Marie wrote:

If you actually listen to or read the testimony, Kerry makes clear that he
what he reports was from listening to what others said.

As for so-called war criminals, I think there's confusion between Bob
Kerrey, who was on the 9/11 Commission, and John Kerry, the one running for
president.