homestead - Re: [Homestead] "... they also serve, ..."

  • From: "Toni Hawryluk" <tonihawr AT msn.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] "... they also serve, ..."
  • Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 10:19:34 -0700

> Unless they are cold and blanket-less, I just don't understand the
> blankets.

1. Vashon Island. Get it ? *Island* - it takes
ferry fare to get *off* the island and back again
for the people who live there. You may have
also missed the fact that of the *ages*. Some
can't drive, some don't have vehicles, some
can't drive on freeways to *get* to the VA ....

2. When a man is so broken he is in a hospital
far from home, not *just* far from home, and
if you've been in a hospital you may know how
"institutions" *appear* (for good reason, in
this case, sanitation) getting something that
supports one's humanity *and* the fact
that one's sacrifice *is appreciated* can be
the difference between existence and 'living' ....

> I like making them for people who need them and don't have any.

There are different *needs* in the *soul's* "world" ....