homestead - Re: [Homestead] "... they also serve, ..."

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] "... they also serve, ..."
  • Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 21:51:48 -0700

Well, I gotta disagree with lots of this. Some of us can't afford to hop in
the car and drive 9 hours or even pay postage. However, we can take scraps
of material and make quilts or crochet/knit afghans and blankets or make
slippers or lap robes or even bake cookies, etc.

The kidlets and I do all of the above every year and find out who is house
bound or stuck in a VA hospital or out on the rez and doesn't have family.
We gather donations of postage from local stores or find truckers heading in
the right direction that will take a small box along and then we send off
packages so these folks will know that someone cares.

Lynda