homestead - Re: [Homestead] that's a city !

  • From: clhw AT InfoAve.Net (clhw)
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] that's a city !
  • Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 12:41:06 -0500

Ray - yesterday, I went to a residential fire in a larger town than where I
live. There were 5 adults living in the rented house. They were renting the
refrigerator and TV. Now, although the shell of the house was still
standing, everything inside was ashes or melted lumps. Naturally, there was
no content insurance. The only income claimed was a monthly $550 check for
disability. That was the second oldest person's income. There was one over
70. The other 3, 2 males and 1 female, were under 50. They claimed they
were not employed.

If they can be believed, the household of 5 had an annual income of $6600.
By your standards, would they be "unemployed"? From the looks of the
neighborhood, we're talking generations on unemployed.