homestead - Re: [Homestead] "... they also serve, ..."

  • From: clhw AT InfoAve.Net (clhw)
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] "... they also serve, ..."
  • Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 12:40:53 -0500

Walking for cancer.
Doing a treadmill for another non-profit.
Making a quilt for veterans.

What purpose do these serve other than make the ones doing the activity
feel good? Why not just give the money in the case of the first two. Or
give blood to really help save a life? Or teach or learn CPR?

In the case of the veterans, are they really cold?
Why not find a veteran and sit and hold their hand? Visit ones in the
hospital. Or take them out for a beer?
Or bring them a small gift and listen or just sit with them? Tell them you
care.
Unless they are cold and blanket-less, I just don't understand the
blankets. I like making them for people who need them and don't have any.