homestead - Re: [Homestead] Stocking up on food

  • From: Rob <becidawa AT hctc.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Stocking up on food
  • Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 11:12:44 -0700

At 10/3/2004 10:16 AM, you wrote:

I do not have an oven so I am looking for alternatives. I do have a small Dutch Oven and want to experiment with that.

On a VW list I heard some good things about those Coleman ovens that sit on the stove top, have never tried one.
Dutch Oven cooking is another one of those arts I have not mastered...
There is always the solar oven and the "hay box" (an insulated box made to hold a hot pot of food, it get's it's heat from the stove and does it's cooking over time in the insulated box).

Rob
becidawa AT hctc.com
Now in western Washington, USA

Good judgment comes from experience; experience comes from bad
judgment.