homestead - Re: [Homestead] Our Maximum Leader's real military record

  • From: "Toni Hawryluk" <tonihawr AT msn.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Our Maximum Leader's real military record
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 16:12:34 -0700

> I don't see how the American people are supposed to have ANY respect or
> trust left for whoever gets elected. Lee

Lee, people are people - it's the systems that
are being affected that *allow* "whoever gets
elected" - to .... and that worries me *more*.

Toni
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 19:33:52 -0700
From: Tvoivozhd <tvoivozd AT infionline.net>
To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: [Homestead] Archaelogists in Virginia

Stumbled across an archaelogy website this evehing---my daughter wants
to get a crew of archaelogical students in here for a dig when one of
the old barns is razed. Sent the owner of the website the following
letter, figure I'll be hearing from him soon.

"We have a small farm in which is concentrated probably the greatest
density of water resources in Virginia---a huge spring, an almost huge
spring we use for house water supply, a small lake forty feet above the
valley floor, the outfall of which joins two other creeks, plus that of
the aforesaid huge spring.

Must have been an Indian summertime hunting ground paradise, a lot of
large and small arrow points, found one very nice spear head, probably
were woods buffalo, maybe elk about at one time. Found that adjacent to
a log barn that has to come down.

Adjacent to the huge spring, there was a log house, according to the
foundation stones 10 ft X 12 Ft. Gone to a fire or more likely decay.
At the head of the spring there was a small structure, probably to cool
food---a srtring of stonetools which had to lay on a wooden ledge, had
fallen and been buried in the ground---found them when excavating to
plant a willow tree.

One of them is unique, never heard of another. A LARGE stone adze.
Now a steel stone adze is difficult enouth to use, but you can keep
steel sharp. This adze is not made of flint or obsidian that is
naturally sharp if you flake it properly, so is must have been hell to
use in squaring a log. Most the early white settlers here were very
xmall---the guy that used this adee musg have been unusually large for
his day in the sun.

I wanted to write an article for the National Enquirer, entitled
"Evidence of Stone Age White Men Found In Virginia!!".
Horrified my oldest daughter, who has an archaelogical degree from the
University Of Wisconsin. Picky, picky, picky. These archaelogists have
no literary imagination---no wonder they still all drive Jugo's."