homestead - Re: [Homestead] Our Maximum Leader's real military record

  • From: Lee Flier <lflier AT mindspring.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Our Maximum Leader's real military record
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 14:37:46 -0400

Lynda wrote:

Well, as a typist from way back and still owning many old typewriters, I can
tell you that the supposed "expert" who says the documents "may" be faked is
full of poop!

I have to agree... IBM Selectrics of the day were perfectly capable of producing proportional fonts, superscripts and all the other typing elements that didn't exist at the time according to this so called expert. It's been cited that one could type the same memo using Microsoft Word and produce identical results with each letter and spacing matching up perfectly... well, that's because computer font designers at the time that Microsoft Times New Roman and other standard fonts were developed, were mimicking the then-standard Selectrics! This would make it easier to match existing pre-printed forms, etc.

At any rate, there are hundreds of documents containing such type elements, including other docs from Bush's military record that have already been made public. Furthermore, CBS cited many other sources who can confirm the contents of the documents - it isn't as if these memos were their only proof that what they say happened, happened. This whole thing is bizarre. Then again, I'm with Gene - this whole campaign is bizarre and dignity has gone completely out the window. I don't see how the American people are supposed to have ANY respect or trust left for whoever gets elected.

Lee