homestead - Re: [Homestead] Our Maximum Leader's real military record

  • From: Tvoivozhd <tvoivozd AT infionline.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Our Maximum Leader's real military record
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 11:21:04 -0700

DSanner106 AT aol.com wrote:

Chicago news reported these documents were faked, anyone hear any more about that?
Drew

tvoivozhd---I don't look at television other than weather reports and science channels, so have no reaction to programs like Sixty Minutes, or to what other program Chicago News referred. But thanks to Freedom Of Information, the Government has provided the military documents it has in file---these all verify that Bush got into the National Guard over a host of less politically powerful applicants (a most suspicious event, though intervention of the powerful is not necessarily a crime), and they verify what in my military service what would be called dereliction of duty and a court martial offense in failing to take his physical to stay qualified for flight duty. There is some speculation that the F105 was obsolescent and therefore staying qualified for flight should not be required---now THAT is complete bullshit---planes constantly become obsolete, are replaced with improved versions, and ALL active duty or reserve pilots are trained on them as long as they fulfill their physical exam requirement, which they damn well better do or get court-martialed and dishonorably discharged.
I flew twenty four different types of military aircraft, half a dozen or less with an instructor in the co-pilot seat. The routine was simple, read the flight manual, spend a half hour in the cockpit familiarizing yourself with the instrument layout, location of throttles, flaps, wheel levers, fuel crossfeed valves, fire extinguisher, escape mechanisms etc. and take off, practice stalls, spins and spin-recovery, shoot landings. After that comes a more prolonged classroom and joint flight training in tactics suitable for the new airplane in combat situations---then you do or die. As planes become more and more expensive, training in their use becomes more rigorous and time element expands, but it is a matter of degree, not differing in principle.
I have seen a few pilots court-martialed for refusing to do their duty---somewhat understandable for those flying P-26's against Zeroes, with a life expectancy of thirty minutes, and for B-24's over Germany with an 8% attrition rate over critical targerts like Ploesti and Schweinfurt---figure that out, eight or nine missions was an aircrew life expectancy. But for a guy to cut and run who has never seen or experienced combat is absolutely incomprehensible.