freetds - Re: Shared libs on Mac OS X Server 10.2

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "bizard" <bizard AT propellerheads.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Shared libs on Mac OS X Server 10.2
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 14:52:13 -0700 (PDT)

> I think this duplication problem is one of those recently fixed libtool bugs
> I was talking about earlier.
>
> I would guess that this change is probably (at least part of) the relevant
> fix:
>
> http://subversions.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/libtool/ltmain.in.diff?r1=1.293&r2
> =1.294&f=h

Sorry I wasn't around for this discussion...I got routed onto a completely
different
project today. I will probably not be able to work on it again until monday.
I will
try out the suggestions from earlier in the thread (new autoconf/libtool etc)
and
report back.

As for requiring Mac OS X users to update their autoconf/tibtool etc, I think
that is
reasonable for now. Each revision to OS X has brought changes and trying to
build shared libraries through that has been the biggest crapshoot (mainly
because of libtool).

In fact, the reason I am trying to get FreeTDS shared libraries to work (with
iodbc) is that I thought they would be an easier target than getting PHP with
FreeTDS built in to work (because someone else has already succeeded in
getting PHP w/ iodbc to work and apple has provided iodbc on os x server).
Besides, this is kindof fun:)

john michael
--
Propellerheads Webmail (by Neomail)