freetds - Re: Shared libs on Mac OS X Server 10.2

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mark J. Lilback" <mark AT lilback.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: "bizard" <bizard AT propellerheads.com>
  • Subject: Re: Shared libs on Mac OS X Server 10.2
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 18:40:23 -0400

At 2:52 PM -0700 10/16/2002, bizard wrote:
In fact, the reason I am trying to get FreeTDS shared libraries to work (with
iodbc) is that I thought they would be an easier target than getting PHP with
FreeTDS built in to work (because someone else has already succeeded in
getting PHP w/ iodbc to work and apple has provided iodbc on os x server).
Besides, this is kindof fun:)

I've found the opposite -- getting php to work with freetds is much easier than iodbc. I just haven't tried it since right after 0.53. I'm having a nightmare with conflicting iodbc versions right now.

I'll also be working on adding support for building a FreeTDS.framework, which is easier to distribute to other users than sticking stuff in /usr/local. (I'm currently doing this already, but I'd like to provide a makefile for it.) I'd also like the framework to look for settings somewhere in the Library directories instead of /etc or ~/.freetds.conf.

"They that can give up essential liberty
Mark J. Lilback to obtain a little temporary safety
<mark AT lilback.com> deserve neither liberty or safety."
http://www.lilback.com/ -- Benjamin Franklin