freetds - Re: Shared libs on Mac OS X Server 10.2

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mark J. Lilback" <mark AT lilback.com>
  • To: freetds mailing list <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Shared libs on Mac OS X Server 10.2
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 11:29:00 -0400

I'm tempted to tell our Apple friends that for the time being, you have to
use anoncvs and have your own autotools installed, "including yesterday's
libtool". As a matter of fact, we include autogen.sh in the distribution
tarball, so you don't really need to cvs access to regen the configure
script.

To compile on Mac OS X, you have to have the developer tools installed, which install all the autotools. Autoconf is 2.52 and automake is 1.61. libtool is Apple's own version) and doesn't support --version as an argument. However, the gnu version is installed as glibtool, which is version 1.4.2.

I have to go into the office right now, but I'll try to make the time today to do a fresh pull from cvs and figure out what has to happen to get it to compile on Mac OS X 10.2. I also have a dev box with with 10.1 on it, which I can try it on, too.

I've been banging with getting ODBC to work at all (any driver), so this would be a good break for me.

"They that can give up essential liberty
Mark J. Lilback to obtain a little temporary safety
<mark AT lilback.com> deserve neither liberty or safety."
http://www.lilback.com/ -- Benjamin Franklin