freetds - Re: Shared libs on Mac OS X Server 10.2

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Castellano, Nicholas" <Nicholas_Castellano AT acml.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Shared libs on Mac OS X Server 10.2
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 11:46:36 -0400

Current FreeTDS source only supports autoconf 2.53 and later. As far as I
can tell, there is no way to support earlier versions without breaking
support for 2.54.

The first thing to try is just setting "AM_PREREQ(2.52) in configure.in.
The LTLIBOBJS hack I committed yesterday for 2.53 compatibility may in fact
work on slightly earlier versions too (it definitely doesn't work with 2.13,
but I didn't try intervening versions). If this works, let me know and I'll
relax this restriction.

If that doesn't help, maybe you could try upgrading autoconf and leaving
everything else as provided by Apple.

Cheers,
--nick