freetds - Re: FreeTDS v. Sybase CT Library

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mark Schaal <mark AT champ.tstonramp.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: FreeTDS v. Sybase CT Library
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 13:39:14 -0800 (PST)

> Well, it may be more of a PHP issue...PHP expects libintl and a few
> others (libcomn? I'll dig the report out later) that come with Sybase's
> Open Client, but do not appear to come in FreeTDS. Not sure if this is
> because you don't provide the functions located therein, or if you have
> another method of providing them?

We package everything into single libraries, libct for ctlib. I
think it's probably safe to assume that will continue.

Here's a possibly incomplete list of Sybase libraries. We don't
break out ct_* and cs_* functions into separate libraries (can you
use one without the other?), and we don't separate out any of the
internal functions.

libct - Client-Library (Sybase)
libcs - CS-Library (Sybase)
libtcl - Transport Control Layer (Sybase internal)
libcomn - An internal shared utility library (Sybase internal)
libintl - Internationalization support library (Sybase internal)
libinsck - UNIX internet socket Net-Library (Sybase internal)

Hope that helps,

Mark
--
Mark J. Schaal Phone: (909) 620-7724