freetds - Re: FreeTDS v. Sybase CT Library

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Joey Smith <joey AT joeysmith.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: FreeTDS v. Sybase CT Library
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 22:43:24 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 17 Nov 2000, Mark Schaal wrote the following to :

> It's not a wrapper, it's the actual library for the cs_*() and ct_*()
> functions.

cs_*() and ct_*(), but what about ipd_*() (from libinsck) and
intl_*()? Does FreeTDS provide these?

> libsybdb should be the same for Sybase and freetds. It is for the
> DB Lib functions (DB*(), db*(), bcp*()) which is an alternative to
> the CT Lib functions. In PHP terms, ext/sybase uses DB Lib
> ext/sybase_ct uses CT Lib, if that helps.

I realize this.

> Sybase's libblk (the blk_* functions) is currently in freetds' libct,
> but for now they are all stub functions that just return CS_SUCCEED.
> I don't think PHP uses any of those.

No, we don't. Again, I was just "filling out" the list. It may
come to be someday that one of us decides we really need the
blk_*() functions, and it would be good to know where you guys
stand.

> Mark

Thanks for taking the time to educate me on these matters.