freetds - limit on the number of fields returned?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Troy Settle" <troy AT psknet.com>
  • To: <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: limit on the number of fields returned?
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 14:44:03 -0500

All,

I've been using freetds for quite sometime on a FreeBSD 4.x box with PHP3.
In most cases, it works very well, but I've recently run into a problem that
I can't seem to work around.

I'm trying to select a single row from a table with 59 columns. My query
is:

select * from customer where id=1001

This query works fine from Query Analyser, but causes both PHP3 and SQSH to
hang. If I enumerate the fields and limit the query to 40 or so columns, it
works fine.

Can anyone shed some light on this? We really should be able to return a
(near) infinate number of columns.

--
Troy Settle
Pulaski Networks

It's always a long day, 86400 doesn't fit into a short