freetds - Re: FreeTDS v. Sybase CT Library

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James Cameron <cameron AT stl.dec.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: FreeTDS v. Sybase CT Library
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 10:23:15 +1100

Joey Smith wrote:
> In light of the fact that the PHP team redistributes the Sybase CT
> Library that is needed in order to build PHP --with-sybase-ct, I am
> curious as to why someone would want to use the FreeTDS libraries?

As Hal said, some want source, some aren't using Linux Intel. I'm
trying to use Linux on Alpha, and am using Tru64 on Alpha. Also, I
thought I had a problem with the Sybase CT Library license terms.

I think this license problem also prevents Debian GNU/Linux from
packaging the library? Debian has a package for freetds-jdbc.

--
James Cameron (james.cameron AT compaq.com)

http://quozl.linux.org.au/ (or) http://quozl.netrek.org/