corpus-paul - [Corpus-Paul] similarities

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT comcast.net>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Corpus-Paul] similarities
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:45:39 -0600

John Brand wrote:

> John responds:
> The similarities are 'obvious' to the conspiracy theorists and at the
> same time 'obviously not' to the orthodox. That is just the way the
> chips fall.

You miss my point (and Edgar's) **and** you misrepresent the orthodox who
often **do** see the "similarities" when they are actually there, but who
are wise enough to know that often a similarity is just a similarity and
only a formal one at that, and that one needs a whole lot more than formal
resemblance to justify the leap that is all too often made by the conspiracy
theorists and Jesus mythers and those who use outdated history of religions
material on the mysteries that something with a similarity to X has to have
been derived from X.

Jeffrey Gibson
--

Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon.)