corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Galatians Commentary (Greek)

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Frich107 AT aol.com
  • To: corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Galatians Commentary (Greek)
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:46:27 EST

In a message dated 14/1/04 3:21:51 am, sdblack AT telus.net writes:

I am just starting an intermediate Greek course where we will be
looking at Galatians
and I would like to know what commentaries anyone "out there" might
recommend that
deals closely with the Greek text.

You might also want to think about F F Bruce's old, but still very good commentary in the New International Greek Commentary series - do be warned, though, that he doesn't really interact with New Perspective issues at all. Another book, though not exactly a commentary, that you might like to think about is Moises Silva's 'Interpreting Galatians'. He deals with all kinds of grammatical, lexical and textual issues, though he does chop and change a little, requiring you to search for his comments on specific passages a bit. Nonetheless, his treatment of the issues couldn't be any more thorough, imo.

Regards,
Fred Rich

Ph.D. Student,
Department of Biblical Studies,
University of Sheffield,
UK.

  • Re: [Corpus-Paul] Galatians Commentary (Greek), Frich107, 01/14/2004