corpus-paul - [Corpus-Paul] Timothy/Titus and circumcision

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Jeff Peterson <peterson AT austingrad.edu>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Corpus-Paul] Timothy/Titus and circumcision
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 00:22:24 -0600

On Wednesday, January 7, 2004, at 12:07 AM, Richard Fellows wrote:
Also, how do you understand the account of Timothy's circumcision?

This reminds me of a question I've been intending to ask Richard: how on the hypothesis that Timothy and Titus are the same person does one reconcile Gal 2:3 (Titus not compelled to be circumcised) with Acts 16:3 (Paul circumcised Timothy because of the Jews)?

Jeff Peterson

Jeffrey Peterson
Associate Professor of New Testament
Austin Graduate School of Theology