corpus-paul - Re: the role of the law in salvation-history

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Billy LeJeune" <billyl AT wcs.edu>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: the role of the law in salvation-history
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 08:12:04 -0500

What's wrong with this context?

The law, as seen as the terms of the covenant, is able to bring both
blessing and curse. The reality is that it resulted in a curse, but that
doesn't make the law (terms) inherently bad; it's a great standard to
live by. But it's not just a standard; it's part of a very specific
covenant which, unless I am mistaken, required 100% keeping or curse
sanctions could be implemented. Of course, God didn't implement the
curse sanctions until it got really bad (mercy.) The result is that the
whole world in under curse, mankind under Adamic, Israel under Mosaic,
as Rom. 12 says God intended. And all curses are lifted throught the
faith of Abraham as promised. The Israel part, as I read in Wright, was
to bring the whole thing to a head so to speak, so it all could be
lifted in Messiah.

Amateur Biblical Exeget
Billy LeJeune