corpus-paul - Romans 10:1-4

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "John Wilking" <johnwilking AT hotmail.com>
  • To: corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Romans 10:1-4
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 19:22:27 PST

If Jeremiah 8 is the correct source for understanding Romans 10, then ignorance of God's ways arises out of rebellion and a desire to persue one's own ways.

A zeal for God (Romans 10:2) would likewise be wrong-headed. This possibility seems to be supported by Isaiah 58:1-12. The sinful house of Jacob "seeks Me day by day, and delights to know My ways as a nation that has done righteousness, and has not forsaken the ordinance of their God." Yet they did not understand the true nature of a fast. "Is this not the fast which I chose, to loosen the bonds of wickedness...?"

John C. Wilking