corpus-paul - Re: C-P Summer Reading

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Stevan Davies" <miser17 AT epix.net>
  • To: corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: C-P Summer Reading
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 15:12:50 -0500

> Three suggestions for compilers: (1) Works need not
> have appeared recently but must have significantly shaped one's recent
> thinking. (2) Books need not concern Paul exclusively, but must have
> substantially informed one's mental portrait of the apostle. (3) Listing a
> book constitutes not an unqualified endorsement but an indication of the
> book's stimulus to meaningful reflection.

If I may suggest something far afield:

Charismatic Christianity as a global culture / edited by
Karla Poewe.
Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina Press, c1994.

This series of analytical articles about charismatic Christianity,
aka pentecostalisms, certainly made me think a great deal
about what the attractions and the sociological situations are
for new cults that focus, As Paul's Did, on spirit experiences.

Stevan Davies