corpus-paul - Re: C-P Summer Reading

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Kevin P. Edgecomb" <kedgecom AT library.berkeley.edu>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: C-P Summer Reading
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 18:08:04 -0700

A slight contribution for summer reading which was memorable for pointers
toward early physical remains of Judaism/Christianity in the city of Rome,
among other things:

Judaism and Christianity in first-century Rome.
Edited by Karl P. Donfried and Peter Richardson.
xiv. 319 pp. 23cm. Grand Rapids, Mich. : William B. Eerdmans, c1998.

As a nicely compact paperback, it's perfect for those breaks between
seminars or even for lolling on the beach with a margarita!

--Kevin P. Edgecomb
University of California
Berkeley, California.

PS A website that some of you might find useful, if you haven't found it
already:

http://shemesh.scholar.emory.edu:6336/dynaweb

It includes many issues of each of the following:
Critical Review of Books in Religion
Semeia: an experimental journal for biblical criticism
Journal of the American Academy of Religion
Biblical Archaeologist/Near Eastern Archaeology

PPS I was trained in Classical Hebrew (biblical and post-biblical) here at
UCB under Jacob Milgrom, before his retirement. Paul (and/or NT studies in
general) is new to me, and quite interesting. My summer will be quite full
with reading thanks to all of you.