corpus-paul - On 1 Cor. 14:34

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Neil Elliott" <elliott AT igc.org>
  • To: corpus-paul
  • Subject: On 1 Cor. 14:34
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 15:14:10

I haven't seen a reference yet to the splendid series
of articles by Philip Payne (NTS) on ms variants at
1 Cor. 14.34-35. The articles focus on three mss with
distinct, yet converging indications of a major textual
disruption here; more, indications that scribes KNEW
they were dealing with a troublesome text. These (all
from the last five years) constitute as much of a
"smoking gun" as I think we'll see on the passage.

Neil Elliott

  • On 1 Cor. 14:34, Neil Elliott, 05/06/1999