ch-scene - Re: Jandek in Chapel Hill

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Bryon Settle <ployntabs AT embarqmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Jandek in Chapel Hill
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 11:16:33 -0500

Ok, Never heard of Jandek until now. Very interesting. Lots of him on YouTube. Kind of Roky Erickson meets Daniel Johnston and then stars in an episode of Time Tunnel. The Wikipedia entry doesn't have a phonetic pronunciation of Jandek but it is extensive. Is it just how it seems or is it more European with the vowels all oohs and ahhs and stuff? I feel like if one were to attend this event that one would be obliged to do something to affect the performance. Performance art?

Fascinating,
Spock out

Doug Sutton wrote:
As mentioned in passing here once or twice, Jandek will be performing at Gerrard Hall on the UNC campus, on Sunday February 22.

He only plays a handful of shows each year. As you may know, he generally performs with local musicians, and that will happen here. We can't reveal the players just yet, but some of the area's best will be accompanying the representative from Corwood Industries.

Tickets available at Chaz's, CD Alley, Schoolkids and eTix.