ch-scene - Re: Jandek in Chapel Hill

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: gcurrin AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Jandek in Chapel Hill
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:52:55 -0800 (PST)

http://www.indyweekblogs.com/scan/2009/02/john-darnielle-anne-gomez-to-join-jandek-in-chapel-hill/

So, not exactly those "with the longest history of playing in the
widest range of fucked-up bands around" or a local supergroup, but
pretty interesting, anyway. I saw Jandek once in Texas with Tom Carter
and Shawn David McMillen. At times, it was great and damaged and
harrowing and all that jazz. Other times, not so much. Still, worth
seeing. I'm actually pretty glad the mystery broke five years ago.
Allows us actually talk about, you know, Jandek's music these days.