ch-scene - Re: Jandek in Chapel Hill

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: goylemjax AT yahoo.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Jandek in Chapel Hill
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 10:18:15 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 9, 12:54=A0pm, tmor... AT nc.rr.com (Todd Morman) wrote:
> You have to be some kinda real genius to read "top-shelf" in the context =
of
> a Jandek collaboration as anything *other* than "the longest history of
> playing in the widest range of fucked-up bands around."

Not necessarily. Given that this was in part sponsored by WXYC, w/a
history of supporting the man, you'd think that was the case, but not
knowing Mr Sutton, and knowing some of the periodic lameness of CUAB
(Carolina Union Activities Board), top-shelf could easily mean
something other than "the longest history of playing in the widest
range of fucked-up bands around."

In any event, this discussion has put aside my concerns. Ah, and
sorry for the morning grumpiness I inserted into said discussion.