ch-scene - Re: Jandek in Chapel Hill

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: philip.ayers AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Jandek in Chapel Hill
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 07:47:50 -0800 (PST)

Chris, Rorschach tests rely on images which may or may not evoke
associations. OK ,mostly they will if the test is set up correctly.
However,a performance by Jandek it's not really a Rorschach test,
although I like the analogue. Do I detect a conservative streak across
your thinking here? I'm thinking too, isn't that where a large part of
the Chapel hill scene gets it's energy from..at least it was back
when. I would place Jandek in the category of performance art. And I'd
agree on the 20$ might be more interesting if it was still in my
wallet. Last point, Rorschach test rely on symmetry and how our brains
need to decode images starting with symmetry. Take a Look at Michael
Leyton. Nice to see you guys are still at it.
Never Phil