ch-scene - Re: stuff to do, week of January 3, 2009

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: stuff to do, week of January 3, 2009
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 09:19:32 -0800 (PST)

> To wallow further in number nerdery, this Firefox script calculates
> time-normalized charts
> That way long-song bands aren't beaten out by short song bands.

The programming is over my head but love the concept. The Beach Boys
placement in my Top 10 is mostly due to the fact that many of their
songs are of the two-minute variety, and Benji Hughes benefits from
not only releasing a double-album but also having a handful of songs
that are less than two minutes.

> Hay, look I just made a amc-h group. We could have an aggregate chart
> if (I believe) at least 12 of us join this

Wow, this is cool. Hope we can get the number needed (and glad my
first contribution - if it counts - is local Max Indian who I just
happen to be listening to.)

glenn