ch-scene - Re: stuff to do, week of January 3, 2009

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Ben Donnelly" <bendonnelly AT gmail.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: stuff to do, week of January 3, 2009
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 08:22:49 -0500

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 2:55 PM, <local506 AT gmail.com> wrote:
> I love Last.FM for no other reason than I can simply answer the
> question what are you listening to: http://www.last.fm/user/gboothe

I've discovered a few bands that would have totally slipped past me
thanks to Last.fm. And it's reassuring to find other oldish folks who
are still excavating for new things.

> I'm a numbers nerd and love charts

To wallow further in number nerdery, this Firefox script calculates
time-normalized charts

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/10171

That way long-song bands aren't beaten out by short song bands.

Hay, look I just made a amc-h group. We could have an aggregate chart
if (I believe) at least 12 of us join this

http://www.last.fm/group/alt.music.chapel-hill

Or did someone create a group like this already?

Bendy