ch-scene - Drum lessons for kids and adults

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: ShannonM <learnaboutlistening AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Drum lessons for kids and adults
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 08:57:49 -0800 (PST)

THE RHYTHM IS IN YOU!
To all rockers and kids of rockers - I'm now teaching at Ben Palmer's
studio in central Durham and am looking for more students!

Durham percussionist Shannon Morrow (founder of Scene of the Crime
Rovers rag-tag community roving band and Triangle Soundpainting
Orchestra) offers private drum instruction for kids and adults.
Shannon works as a rhythm circle facilitator at Music Explorium and
approaches drum set instruction from a body-centered perspective. The
Rhythm is in You - not the drum! Drumming is good for the mind, body
and spirit. Drumming improves coordination, motor skills, improves
focus, and keeps alzheimers at bay! All ages welcome. With 17 years of
experience, Shannon will help you realize your interests as a drummer
- general technique, indy, punk, blues, drumming as meditation,
extended techniques for forward thinking music, more... Central Durham
location at the corner of Broad St. and Markham in Durham
www.shannonmorrow.com
919-680-0129
check out my video drum diary at my site!

  • Drum lessons for kids and adults, ShannonM, 01/05/2009