ch-scene - Re: BASKETBALL - 1, ROCK MUSIC - 0 (aka Dain's show cancelled tonight)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "James Hepler" <hepstyle AT gmail.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: BASKETBALL - 1, ROCK MUSIC - 0 (aka Dain's show cancelled tonight)
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 11:17:37 -0400

I don't think you're being a baby. I think that you're feeling the sting of
being screwed over, and that's more than reasonable. But if your friend is
trying to do something that's positive for the community through Dain's, an
outright boycott may not be in your best interests.

If you've been playing music long enough, this has happened to you. You're
lucky that it happened in your hometown and not some podunk burgh in the
middle of nowhere while you're trying to tour.

And I kinda think it would be fair for us to hear from the people who
insisted that the show be canceled if AMCH is to be the jury in this trial.
For all we know, Dain or whoever might come here and say "I said no booking
shows during the NBA playoffs". It just seems illogical that on Monday some
dude would be like "Wait, there's a BASKETBALL game tomorrow night? OMG I
had no idea! Well we can't have this rock show..."