ch-scene - Re: BASKETBALL - 1, ROCK MUSIC - 0 (aka Dain's show cancelled tonight)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Bryon Settle <ployntabs AT embarqmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: scene of the crime rovers <socrovers AT lists.ibiblio.org>, soundpainting <triangle-sound-painting-orchestra AT googlegroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: BASKETBALL - 1, ROCK MUSIC - 0 (aka Dain's show cancelled tonight)
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 09:19:46 -0400

Dain's canceled the show for a pro basketball game? I hope you expressed your displeasure. Son of a gun. Maybe someone could host the show at their house?

Harrumph!

Anne Gomez wrote:
Dear Fans of The Gates of Beauty, The Debacle (aka The Scott Waite Debacle), and
Clawform (Colin Booy's metal-banjo project): If you were going to come see us play at
Dain's Place tonight, you can make other plans. We will not be playing there tonight
because a much more important event has displaced our show: A PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL
GAME ON TELEVISION!!!! So if you are a fan of the Lakers or whatever team they're
playing tonight, by all means go to Dain's. If you like crazy, interesting music
you'll have to sit at home and listen to your Albert Ayler records. Love,Anne "We
Practiced Really Hard for This Show and Put Up a Buttload of Flyers" Gomez (The
Gates of Beauty)