ch-scene - Re: BASKETBALL - 1, ROCK MUSIC - 0 (aka Dain's show cancelled tonight)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Kevin Slater <saulecker AT gmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: BASKETBALL - 1, ROCK MUSIC - 0 (aka Dain's show cancelled tonight)
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 09:25:20 -0400

seriously? like for real?

Well, they just made my personal ban list.

k.

On Jun 17, 2008, at 8:52 AM, Anne Gomez wrote:

Dear Fans of The Gates of Beauty, The Debacle (aka The Scott Waite Debacle), and Clawform (Colin Booy's metal-banjo project): If you were going to come see us play at Dain's Place tonight, you can make other plans. We will not be playing there tonight because a much more important event has displaced our show: A PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL GAME ON TELEVISION!!!! So if you are a fan of the Lakers or whatever team they're playing tonight, by all means go to Dain's. If you like crazy, interesting music you'll have to sit at home and listen to your Albert Ayler records. Love,Anne "We Practiced Really Hard for This Show and Put Up a Buttload of Flyers" Gomez (The Gates of Beauty)