ch-scene - Re: Did Ruckus Kill Schoolkids?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Calloway <ifoufo AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Did Ruckus Kill Schoolkids?
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 11:30:31 -0800 (PST)

--- local506 AT gmail.com wrote:
> Likewise, we also use iTunes primarily for the
> in-between band music
> at Local 506, and I've yet to hear a complaint from
> any musician or
> audience member about such quality.

Club sound systems are already running at the low end
of fidelity already.

iTunes quality files were fine back when all we
listened to them on were crappy computer speakers.

And they are fine for club sound systems.

They are probably not so great when played in Mr.
Dork's THX home theater. I saw a picture of it
recently:

http://blog.audiovideointeriors.com/208great/

Apparently, the ibiblio problems with Yahoo have been
fixed.

3