ch-scene - Re: Did Ruckus Kill Schoolkids?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Ron Thigpen <ron AT fuzzsonic.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Did Ruckus Kill Schoolkids?
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 10:53:25 -0500

mp3tunes.com does a decent job with the digital locker. the free trial is pretty fully featured. you might give it a shot.

not sure what client software you'd use to access it on yr phone. there is a web interface, but it's not optimized for tiny screens. and a flash player, for all the good that does on the iPhone. there may be other options, but as i've not wanted to use the locker in this way, i haven't sought them out. i do know that there is an open API to their systems, and that indie developers have done some neat things with that. for instance, i can use my nokia 770 tablet to access my locker. and, oddly but usefully, i can also use the Eclipse IDE to do the same.

--rt

jim.brantley AT gmail.com wrote:

What I really want is a way to remotely access (and download, if not
stream) my entire music collection from my phone. I know eMusic and
others tried out this "digital locker" concept a few years back, but
why has no one picked this back up?