ch-scene - Re: Did Ruckus Kill Schoolkids?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Kyle Miller" <kyle AT churchkeyrecords.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Did Ruckus Kill Schoolkids?
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 12:49:17 -0500

You can make the Clix play nice with a Mac, as I understand it. I think XNJB
is the tool for the job:

http://www.wentnet.com/projects/xnjb/

Ruckus, on the other hand, will not play with your Mac at all, unless you
want to run Windows on your Mac. Ross' description of the service is pretty
much how I understand it as well. It does in fact use MS "plays for sure"
technology, which is slang for "probably doesn't play on your music player".
People wanting to get around their DRM to keep tracks permanently and/or use
them on another device would have to re-encode the audio to another format,
which would probably not be worth the time or quality loss.

Kyle