ch-scene - Re: Arcade Fire. I'm not insane.

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Rawls nospam" <rawlsnospam AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Arcade Fire. I'm not insane.
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 13:52:44 -0400

Arcade Fire Schmarkade Fire, this is anthemic and catchy at it's most
anthemic and catchiest:

What timing...just heard on the Dan Patrick show (620 AM the Bull if
you're near the Durham frequency), the organ music comes in and Dan says,
"That's the Arcade Fire. I cranked that up on my way into Bristol in my
Hybrid...," and then more conversation about college basketball players
going into the NBA early. Dan Patrick! In his hybrid! Lame...kind
of...Screw the NBA...until late April....

Rawls