ch-scene - music show on Thursday 3/22

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: ansmithers AT yahoo.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: music show on Thursday 3/22
  • Date: 20 Mar 2007 11:06:35 -0700

Hello nice people,

We are In the Year of the Pig

and we are going to play a show on Thursday at Nightlight
and if you think maybe it would be nice we would really like to see
you there and say hello
and it will be even better than it could have been because our friends
and personal heroes Mr. Dave Cantwell
and Lincoln Sward are going to come and play music with us
and such a congregation seems appropriate as this is a golden pig year
as well as a fire pig year

...and there are more shows that same night like the Strugglers and
Lost in the Trees and Prayers and Tears at Blend/Wetlands and Malt
Swagger in Durham, and Bowerbirds in Raleigh and even the Walkmen at
Local 506 (I really used to like Jonathan Fire Eater)...

but still maybe you want to come to Nightlight, because as Mr. Grady
said on trianglerock.com, there will be love spilling out all over
probably,

but neither in some fucking hippy way nor a pornographic one

and TWO drummers... which means rock show usually

Oh for joy.

March 22 @ Nightlight (405 1/2 W. Rosemary St., Chapel Hill, NC)
10 PM / $7

In the Year of the Pig (w/ always special guests Dave Cantwell on
Drums and Lincoln Sward on Bass)

White Mice (from Providence, RI, on Load Records, blah, blah, noise,
blah, blah, rock, blah blah, mouse outfits and costumes and such)
http://www.thewhitemice.com/news.htm
Their new record is supposed to be pretty fucking good, at least fox
thinks so and I sure like what I heard.

Sunburned Hand of the Man (from Massachusetts, on Ecstatic Peace,
blah, blah, hype, blah, new folk, blah blah, weird, lots and lots of
CD-R releases)
http://www.sunburnedhandoftheman.com/
http://www.myspace.com/sunburnedhandoftheman
last time they were in town I think was a show at Go! Room 4

Gown (from Canada, on Digitalis/volcanic toungue/more, blah, blah,
blah, projects with Thurston Moore, Christina Carter and the like)
http://www.yod.com/gown.html

we like you and think you are very special.

  • music show on Thursday 3/22, ansmithers, 03/20/2007