ch-scene - Re: good ethnic food in Durham/RTP area

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "matty" <mfhedtDONTSPAMME AT mindspring.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: good ethnic food in Durham/RTP area
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 02:21:40 GMT

> I'm honestly just curious now. If I find myself in that neck of the
> woods while hungry maybe I'll try the chicken tacos. I'll stay away
> from anything with ground beef.

I've got to speak up for the Bunk - Chicken Burrito (sans cheese) is the
best around. Better even than Carborritos, which is great. Way better than
Salsa Fresh and the other Cali clones around. It's good and juicy. Made to
eat on or near premises, to wet to carry far.

And for a real treat get the fish tacos, just allow a few extra minutes
since they're cooked to order. Also made to be eaten immediately whilst
crisp and hot.

>> However one could use the same argument in favor of Peppers: a place
>> with
>> crappy pizza, piss-poor service, and acidic salads; yet it survives and
>> is
>> lauded here and abroad. It would seem to be a matter of taste.

I always thought Peppers had a pretty damn decent salad...

-Matt