ch-scene - Re: good ethnic food in Durham/RTP area

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: John I <not AT hotmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: good ethnic food in Durham/RTP area
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:27:47 GMT

Chris Rossi wrote:

> John I wrote:
>> Chris Rossi wrote:

>>>Are you serious? One of the most disgusting meals I've had in Chapel
>>>Hill was at that place. I probably won't, but assuming I just got the
>>>wrong thing (beef burrito) and I ever decided to go back, what would I
>>>get there that isn't disgusting?
>>

>> Yes, I am serious. But I also recognize that taste is subjective. If
>> you found the place not to your liking, don't go back.
>>
>> The chicken tacos are good and the burritos are totallly edible. And
>> the price is very manageable. It is difficult to find a quick meal
>> that is cheap, tasty, and reasonably well balanced and these are all
>> qualities that I would ascribe to BB. I also notice that it is almost
>> always busy and has stayed in business for several years, so there
>> seems to be room for arguing that it is a good place to eat.
>>
> I'm honestly just curious now. If I find myself in that neck of the
> woods while hungry maybe I'll try the chicken tacos. I'll stay away
> from anything with ground beef.

With that kind of food, portability is a real issue. The burritos will fall
apart in a few minutes and the soft tacos will also disintegrate fairly
quickly (I think that the hard tacos are better for this). My favorite
approach was to eat them on the deck over the parking structure before they
lost their structural integrity.