ch-scene - reservoir 2/15

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Daniel Vaughn <fableclassics AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: reservoir 2/15
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:11:29 -0800 (PST)

Hello List.
Tonight at the Reservoir (for free):
Second Husband. "New material has been wrenched from the shimmering
currents of imagination that spider across the astroplane. Tom's squeezing
his fists trying to grow a pair." and "The lady of the lake gave them each
the power to write songs!" Alt-rock? Grunge? It's hard to get info from these
guys.
The DMV. Three songwriters + drum-dude banded together to perform music
about cooperation and death. Outside of the group they can be found playing
sitar, playing in Mothlight, and sitting on the couch. Maybe you saw them
perform TV theme songs at the Great Cover-Up.
Both groups contain members of local metal outfit Colossus, though neither
are metal bands.

Yahoo! Autos. Looking for a sweet ride? Get pricing, reviews, & more on new
and used cars.