ch-scene - Re: best way to support artists?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Bob Wall <bob.wall AT earthlink.net>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: best way to support artists?
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:42:17 GMT

If the band kept a copy their initial consignment contract, they should
be free and clear and get their product back. However (in my vast years
as record store guy) most bands lose these contracts, sometimes never
get a copy because the store doesn't give them one (Gate City Noise for
example), or they don't follow up on the stipulations of the contract
(checking back periodically on product, renewing if necessary).

The other side is that proving all this to a new company usually is a
waste of time to get your 5 copies back when you already have a closet
full of 'em.

Bob