ch-scene - Re: Undergraduates and Local Music

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Rossi <rossi AT webslingerz.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Undergraduates and Local Music
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:58:42 -0500 (EST)

> PS Anything I say in the future about the lack of
> dancing at shows is strictly good-natured ribbing. I
> do think it's funny, but that's just because I'm used
> to a certain segment of the Charlotte scene (and yes,
> it does exist).

That was definitely the weirdest part about moving here. Chapel Hill is
famous for arms crossed, head nodding stoicism at shows. I'm used to it
by now, but when you first move here it is quite strange. My current
theory is that the sheer number of options makes going to a show a real
casual experience. Whereas when I lived other places, you jumped on the
one good show a month and made the most of it.

rossi