ch-scene - Re: here's a thought...

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: david_l_simpson AT yahoo.com (Dave Simpson)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: here's a thought...
  • Date: 4 Nov 2004 16:35:56 -0800

Chris Calloway wrote:

> > States that went red in both 2000 and 2004 GAINED
> > *7*
> > electoral college votes since 2000. States that
> > went
> > blue in both lost 7. NM and IA stayed the same, as
> > did NH.
>
> i love it when you do stuff like this. makes me think
> someone is paying attention.

It's Hemoglobin vs. Cyanide Nation.

This secession issue is being raised again by the losing side.

While the little-minded lefties re-raise the issue of blue-state
secession, the normal alternative would be for the USA to expel those
Blue alien states, if not merely the worst Blue Losers. Better would
be to demote the Blue states to territories. Long-needed reform in
Washington could then progress. The Blue territories would remain
territories, not states, on probation until they corrected the worst
of their problems. Then readmission might occur.

An amicable secession would mean Blue assumption of most of the
federal debt (driven primarily by expenditures for Blue entitlements),
loss of much Blue state territory in border revisions, and any transit
between two sets of former US territory (which ultimately would have
to become independent -- they couldnt' remain together; the West Coast
would become Bangladesh, cut off) would be only on good Blue behavior.

Dave Simpson