ch-scene - Re: AMC ( was commiseration)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Eric Lamb" <ejlamb AT notarealaddress.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: AMC ( was commiseration)
  • Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 01:26:24 GMT

"5er , martin" <mdhall005 AT yahoo.com> wrote in message
20041103231902.97799.qmail AT web52106.mail.yahoo.com">news:20041103231902.97799.qmail AT web52106.mail.yahoo.com...

> --- "5er (martin)" <mdhall005 AT yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > I can't think of anyone I would rather see tonight
> > than AMC. It's just approporate somehow.
>
> or appropriate. depending on your point of view.

*Sigh...* I was really underwhelmed by this show. The first time in ages i
crawl out from under my rock and plunk down a 10 spot for some rock, and
this is how i'm treated. Waaaay too much droning on about the election, and
the whole set was mopey as a result. As my friend summed up the show,
"wow... that was really... uneven."

They really didn't get going until the fourth or fifth song. Everything up
until that point was a trainwreck. And I thought the sound was bad, too (in
the Rock Drums School of Mixing sense - did it need to be THAT loud?).
Everything did get better towards the end, though. Some of Eitzel's more
delicate stuff came across better as the band got more comfortable.