ch-scene - best place to vote early in Durham

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Michael Warren <p_michael_warren AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: best place to vote early in Durham
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 11:51:42 -0700 (PDT)

Don't understand the hoopla about early voting either. I've voted for 25
years and have never waited in line any significant amount of time. More
often the poll workers were trying to stay awake and fight boredom. There has
long been a process in place for people who were going to be out of town or
for the elderly. It's nothing new. Me thinks this is mostly a fad that will
fade away the day after the election. And while the numbers of voters is up a
good deal this year, it's still a pathetically small percentage of those
eligible.
mw

This whole no-excuses-absentee/"early" voting thing is a wonderful idea,
but it kinda mystifies me why so many people are willing to stand in
line for hours & hours to vote "early" at one of a handful of places
when there will be dozens-to-hundreds of better-prepared, more equally
subdivided places to vote on Tuesday.