ch-scene - Re: best place to vote early in Durham

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: best place to vote early in Durham
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:43:42 -0400

The October Surprise thus far seems to be coming from "our side" this year:

http://nytimes.com/2004/10/29/politics/29bomb.html

"A videotape made by a television crew with American troops when they opened bunkers at a sprawling Iraqi munitions complex south of Baghdad shows a huge supply of explosives still there nine days after the fall of Saddam Hussein, apparently including some sealed earlier by the International Atomic Energy Agency."

Ross OK maybe the "embedded" reporters had some longterm value after all . . . Grady

bendy wrote:

grady wrote:

But I've talked to multiple people who've stood in line to vote early for no other reason than that, apparently, it's the thing to do this year.

didn't want the October surprise this weekend to change my mind.